Saturday, February 10, 2007

shake it like you mean it demonboy

Creepy. Just creepy. What kind of world do we live in that every immature pre-pubescent boy feels the need to run around toting gang slogans, racial slurs, and sexual innuendos on the internet? Oh I know, its the digital world. These kids would normally be reprimanded or not taken seriously in real life, but on the internet, its like a playground. They roam free. The issue I see though is that this attitude is spilling over into the real world. The younger generations are slowly losing respect for one another and following the "baddass rebel" attitude more and more. A generation of white suburbia wishes it were from the ghetto, and those who don't wish they weren't so sad (see: emo kids). When people start realizing that these artificial persona are actually who they are and begin acting that way all the time, chaos will ensue. Hopefully I'll be living on some small island somewhere by then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that these cultural deviations have been present throughout history - we have just finally achieved the technology that allows us to carry them out in a meaningful yet anonymous fashion.

Instead of calling someone a nigger in the streets, you can call them it on the internet. It seems more prevalent because our accessibility to it has increased dramatically.

Map Finder said...

Hey there- an island would be, or maybe even an entirely different planet altogether? I agree entirely about the emo-kids phenomenon, and how ridiculous people are. Being emotional online is one thing- venting, or trying to resolve internal issues, with the help of others, or even the public, is one thing. But, when people start videotaping themselves talking about how bad they feel for fallen tree branches and mowed grass, the point of ridiculousness begins to be reached. I have been waiting a long time for a blog entry like yours, so thank you.

adam-dexter said...

Man, maybe if I wasn't pretending to be so depressed all the time, sitting in the corner, crying and writing songs about how my girl left me in high school I could write a half decent response to your post. But alas, ho hum, I'll sit within my dark room apathetic of everything, maybe I'll put on my bloody heart t shirt, or no, my black heart, or not, my broken stitched cartoon sketch style heart t, or maybe just an old vintage style shirt of an older band that every seems to think is cool but I've actually never listened to except for like the 45 seconds of the chorus of that single by them that everyone seems to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTAT_UPm18

adam-dexter said...

oh yea-
http://www.threadless.com/product/548/Shakespeare_Hates_Your_Emo_Poems